Help support our understanding of the benefits of the human-animal bond by donating to the HABRI Foundation
Through generous donations from individuals, companies and organizations, HABRI is able to fund important scientific research to improve human health and quality of life.
Please consider making a generous donation using the form below:
Donations can be made by mailing a check or money order to:
Human-Animal Bond Research Institute
1615 M Street, NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20036
Through scientific research and educational outreach, HABRI is focused on demonstrating that our dynamic relationship with companion animals — the human-animal bond — significantly improves human health and quality of life.
HABRI is the only organization focused exclusively on human-animal bond research. Among its accomplishments to-date, HABRI has:
- Funded more than $2.5 million in innovative research projects
- Established HABRI Central, the world's largest, most comprehensive library of human-animal interaction science, with more than 29,000 resources and growing
- Funded scientific research on the human-animal bond and autism, PTSD, obesity and child health
- Become the first organization to calculate the health care impact of pet ownership, finding $11.7 billion in health care cost savings
- Conducted a comprehensive survey of doctors revealing an overwhelming 97% of physicians believe there are health benefits to pet ownership and 74% would prescribe pets for their patients
- Been named one of the best animal therapy non-profits of 2017 by Healthline.com